Click to Enlarge
Benefits of Cable Jacketz:
- Eliminates trip hazards created by a tangled web of cables, hoses, and cords
- Saves your facility valuable time and money
- Keeps the hoses, cables, and cords clean and secure against wear and tear
- Easy to clean
- Available in custom-sized lengths and diameters to accommodate for each operating room’s specific set-up
- Cable Jacketz’ materials are antibacterial/microbial resistant, therefore, contributing to infection control
- Made in the USA
Cable Jacketz - Hose and Cable Housing Systems
Cable Jacketz are housing systems for medical hoses, cables and cords. The basic design can be modified any number of ways and is available in custom-sized lengths and diameters to accommodate for each operating room’s specific set-up. It’s microbial resistant, fluid proof, mold/rot proof and extremely durable.
The cost of running an operating room as determined by the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) averages $325/second. Untangling the cables and hoses of a downed piece of equipment to bring in a back-up, or move a machine to a different operating room, is expensive and wasteful due to the amount of time it takes.
Medical equipment hoses, cables and cords also provide a trip hazard that can lead to serious harm for clinical staff and/or patients. There are numerous and documented examples of injuries where a staff member’s foot became tangled in cables and hoses while navigating the operating room. Medical equipment hoses, cables and cords were deemed one of the top three trip hazards in the hospital (AORN 2010) environment.
Hoses, cables and cords can also provide opportunity for exposure to hospital acquired infections and community-based infections in patients and staff. The reason being that clinical staff find it difficult and time consuming to wipe each gas hose/cable down effectively from connector to connector after each procedure, especially when the hoses/cables are entangled.